los angeles, california . . . musings on music, literature and life

4.09.2005

Well . . . So much for Lion Pride

Guess I've seen some cool blogs and some not cool blogs, but I am feeling the urge to create something tonight and hopefully it will be closer to the cool end than the not-cool. . .



Spent my day today at the races, literally. Horse-races. "Santa Maria, why'd you have to burn?" Err, I mean, Santa Anita . . . fun--Penn State Alumni Association, although I only saw a total of 8 Penn Staters, and I was with three of them. Kinda sad, but maybe there were more people there that just didn't come to the picnic area. But funny thing is that I actually knew one of the other people--it was Gretchen from my Penn's Woods Days--the gretchen who was the Eisenhower stage manager . . . small world.



But it was a fun day, even though my horses didn't win. Didn't even place.
I was really hoping that Sweet Catomine, the only girl in her race, would kick it in and beat all the boys, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.



Got a t-shirt out of the deal though . . . and had fun . . .
and now have a headache, but I think the headache is more due to dehydration and the wind (it is REALLY blowing outside!) than anything else. Did have a few dixie cups of beer at the micro-brew fest, but it didn' really amount to much . . . but thhis wind, this wind is a whole other story. Can hear it through the door. Maybe I'm slipping into a Madeline L'Engle novel.



Or maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home