los angeles, california . . . musings on music, literature and life

4.12.2005

blogging at work . . .

Since there are no students right now . . .
Recently rediscovered the joy of the party-shuffle on my itunes (and on a related tangent, it's Tuesday, so there is potential for a new, free, song--woo hoo!) but back to the joy of the party-shuffle. Reminding me of albums I had forgotten that I had . . . case in point: Spain, "She Haunts My Dreams"--beautiful, bittersweet, melancholy. Would not be good if I were feeling depressed, but I'm not feeling depressed.

Can't say enough about how much I'm loving the new Bloc Party, how much I love my Frames, how jealous I am of all people living in Ireland in the month of April and can go see Bell X1 live, how much I hope that Matt Pond PA comes to the Troubadour in May or June . . .

Have recently been bitten by the spring shopping bug, and am currently infatuated with a brand call Da-Nang . . . and of course everything they make is expensive and silk and beautiful. Maybe someday . . .

In the back of my mind, I'm preparing to transform myself from Williams scholar, guidance counselor, verbal goddess into Barbara Moore, administrative assistant. I'll assume this alternate identity in a couple days for a mock trial at the law school. Should be lots of fun--I'll get cross examined in a wrongful termination suit. I don't really have the time for this right now, but it just seemed like so much fun! I know exactly how I'd use my testimony if I were the attorneys--I wonder if the "real" lawyers will be that clever ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home