los angeles, california . . . musings on music, literature and life

4.17.2005

Every day is like Sunday

Not sure what else to say about that.

Why is it that things that are supposed to be better for you don't taste as good as their less-healthy counterparts. Case in point: Jamba Juice. Went there on my excursion this afternoon, and got one of the new "lighter" options. And it tasted less. Not worse, mind you, just less--as in there was less flavor; tasted like there was part air. Not sure what that was all about, but I'll get something else next time.

Also had a shot of wheatgrass in honor of my friend Shelley who just moved back east yesterday with her husband and two sons. Shel was the first one to get me to do shots of alcohol at Penn State, and she was the first one to get me to do wheatgrass years later in CA (the key lime juice was my idea though, to be fair). Who would have thought that wheatgrass would have actually tasted kinda good? Certainly not me! And whose idea was it to pulverize it and drink it in the first place? But it makes perfect sense that Shel would be the one to introduce me to it. She always was into that healthy green foodstuffs. . . In fact the last time I saw her, she got some "Emerald Isle" juice with grass and spinach and stuff. I didn't try it, but have to say that it didn't seem all that appealing to me. Then again, neither did the wheatgrass. . . Hope that they're all adjusting to Allentown okay. . .

Hit 10200 words yesterday in the Williams chapter. Of course the quality of those words is something else, but I just have to keep telling myself that I'm still in the brain purge stage . . . Drafting is supposed to suck (and it does!), but that's okay because it's just a draft. Revision, revision, revision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home