los angeles, california . . . musings on music, literature and life

7.26.2005

bon voyage

So in a few hours, I am on my way halfway around the world. How ridiculous is it that i have to spend some 15 hours in transit to get to a place I'll only be for 3 days (germany)--thank god I'm not turning around and coming right back. I'm nervous (but I always get really nervous before i fly), I've overpacked, and I already miss my little gray cats horribly (and they know sommething is up because the big backpack is out of the closet, and that only happens when mom leaves for long stretches).

Anyway, I need to unpack and repack and see if I can eliminate a few items from my wardrobe . . . always end up wearing the same three things anyway . . . so what's they use in carrying around so much other stuff, except that it is hard to predict weather over there . . . ugh.

Will try to post from the road, but I fear it will be sporadic, so please don't abandon skylarkin' just yet. In the meanwhile, everyone have a great few weeks, and I'll be typin' to ya! (PS--Jazz and anyone else reading who may be taking the bar: GOOD LUCK!)
Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I'm a nervous flyer also. Not to the point where I freak out over the smallest bit of turbulence, but the kind where I notice the smallest point of turbulence. But I enjoy it nonetheless. I always look at other passengers and wonder where they're coming from and what they're going to do on their vacation...

Have a fantastic trip! Can't wait to read about it.

11:47 AM

 
Blogger jazz said...

ahh! good luck you genius literary freak you! will be fun for you i'm sure. don't pack too much. then you'll have to buy clothes there. ayayay!

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home