los angeles, california . . . musings on music, literature and life

12.12.2005

well . . .

got two more rejections today. One of them I wasn't expecting since the school just hired someone else from my program last year, and if they take anyone else from here, I'd like to think that they'll go with my other friend (her husband) . . . The other one was one I had allowed myself to get kind of excited about, but more because of the location of the school than because of the actual job itself. All is not lost (yet), but with each assing day the prognosis for employment and finanical independence grows a little bit bleaker. I guess it wouldn't be horrible to stay here for anther year, but I hate the thought that my life will be on hold for an entire year more . . .

I don't know.
I don' know if I have it in me to do the treadmill of temporary one-year positions all over the place until one of them finally sticks. But i won't go there until I have to. There's still a chance that I will get an inerview. The job that I really want (despite the ick factor of a now-married jackass of an ex-boyfriend who teaches in a different department at the same school), is still in play, and they said they wouldn't notify those who make it to the next stage until mid-December, so that could mean next week on the typical academic clock. I would like to have more than one interview, but beggars can't be choosers, right? If I only get one, at least I'd like it to be for a job that I really want.

Anyway, that's what's going on this week so far. Could be worse . . . but I'm now wishing that I hadn't gone and bought the clothes . . . Thankfully, no matter what happens, I went with the classics, so as long as I stick with my diet, I should be able to wear everything next year . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

3:42 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

Me too! And baby is too!

5:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home