los angeles, california . . . musings on music, literature and life

1.15.2006

I got a feelin'

I'm not going to hear from the boy. If he was going to call, he'd have done it by now (or he'd have at least responded to the email).

But other events today are monumental enough, that I could really care less.
By that I mean, my Steelers beat the unbeatable . . . they went to Indy today, and they actually won.

the slightly spiteful part of me hopes he (the non-calling boy) bet the colts. It's too bad I don't have a bookie, 'cause I'd be in some serious bank after PSU, UT and the last two Steeler games.

There was a brief and shining moment this afternoon when I thought that I might have news on another front, that of the cute-Steeler guy at the var, but after the game, i hung around talking to him for a while, and it turns out that we have some pretty serious ideological differences. In other words, there's no problem in the world, and I mean *no problem* that a thriving and healthy capitalist system can't solve. sigh.

Anyway, whatever. But I'd sure like to know what it is about me that sends these guys running the other direction. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Yeah, since the debacle between the Patriots and the Broncos on Saturday night, I'm now rooting with ya for the Steelers.

7:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My brother is a huge Steelers fan. He's been loyal to them for over twenty years and he was so excited!

As for the boy, well, there's no accounting for taste!

4:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home